Re: OT:Looking to change careers into telecom

Author: eculbert
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OT:Looking to change careers into telecom
Techno. My understanding of that 'position' IS that it
is sorta NOT Kroger, but some contractor? and as such,
it is a dead end. It is some contracted security firm
I believe, not Kroger directly if I understand it
correctly. Just the 'uniform' doesn't say Security on
it, but IT IS LOSS PREVENTION, which IS Security.

Believe me, Kroger nor any food store would hire a
'greeter' just to be friendly!! It is loss prevention
and as such is security and I believe they hire
through a 'dummy' office that is a branch of some
security firm..not sure, but it seems that way.

Ed.

--- Technomage-hawke <>
wrote:

> On Saturday 25 August 2007 12:10, you wrote:
> >
> > If greeting at a store is killing your health,
> then it sounds like anything
> > more intensive will do worse, which isn't very
> useful for any employer.
>
> the problem is, its the all-the-time standing.
> I can deal with other work situations (be it sitting
> or moving around).
>
> In fact, I have been told (by my doctor) that it
> would be far healthier of I
> had another line of work (where standing in the same
> spot isn't much of an
> issue).
>
> Lastly, there doesn't appear to be any advancement
> opportunities for me where
> I am currently (I have applied for additional
> training in other areas within
> Kroger, but have not received any response). This
> may be a 'dead end'
> position for me. if so, I want out.
>
> anyway, the only issue as far as my health: all that
> standing (and they do not
> allow me to sit on that job, at all).
>
> I don't mean this to sound like a whine or a rant, I
> just need a new
> opportunity and a chance to use skills that I have
> spent time picking up.

Hurry up November, already tired of the heat!

AND NOW..........The humidity!

Ed/ke7feg