Re: GoDaddy bullying tactics

Author: Matt Graham
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: GoDaddy bullying tactics
On Monday 20 August 2007 11:18, after a long battle with technology,
Joshua Zeidner wrote:
> There are ways to legally structure such a deal so that this asset
> would be unequivocally under the control of an assignee. What I find
> interesting is how few people realize that this is an option.
> Someone with a common word domain could effectively make a lot of
> money renting out subdomains in this way. -jmz

The problem is that people who aren't technical don't understand
hierarchical namespaces very well. They seem to think that namespaces
are (or should be) flat. So thisjosh.org is "easier" than
this.josh.org (or something.) This is actually more of a psychology
problem than a technical one....

--
Observe the haggis carefully for at least one minute. If you see any
movement, take out your revolver and shoot the haggis until it stops