Re: How Do I use Mutt?

Author: der.hans
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: How Do I use Mutt?
Am 18. Aug, 2007 schw?tzte Tuna so:

> I just figured out how to SSH into my computer from my school through
> their squid proxy, but I don't want to use Webmail and Links2 to check my
> email. I want to use Mutt, but I can't figure out how to set it up with my
> email.
>
> My server uses POP for recieving, and SMTP for sending. The mail server is
> mail.supertunaman.com:26. (Port 26 because Cox blocks 25. Fascists.)

I'm not on the one place I have mutt setup right now.

http://www.pro-linux.de/t_programme/mutt.html

set pop_host="pop.bazqux.de"
set pop_port=110
set pop_user="mein_benutzername"
set pop_pass="mein_passwort"

Lower in the page set pop_delete is also mentioned.

Searching for 'set pop mutt' will likely return good results.

There should be a way to set the smtp port as well.

/me pops off to check to see if alpine has yet been released.

ciao,

der.hans
#  "The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."
#   -- Albert Einstein