Aunt Tilly's Linux

Author: Chris Gehlker
To: PLUG-discuss
Subject: Aunt Tilly's Linux
A have undertaken to write an introduction to SFTP for an
environmental organization. The target audience is unsophisticated
computer users who might be using Windows, OS X or Linux but who no
nothing about SFTP. They only need to know how to move one file to a
server running Linux.

I myself haven't used a desktop Linux distribution in awhile so I got
Ubuntu, thinking it would be popular among newbie users. I discovered
that there is a nice GUI SFTP client built into the Nautilus shell.
Clearly the easy way to go with documentation is just to explain how
to accomplish the required task from Nautilus.

My question for you all is this: 'Is the Nautilus shell common
enough on newbie desktop Linux systems that it is reasonable just to
assume it is there?'

TIA for your resoionses.

---
Neither a man nor a crowd nor a nation can be trusted to act humanely
or to think sanely under the influence of a great fear.

-Bertrand Russell, philosopher, mathematician, author, Nobel laureate
(1872-1970)