Re: Pointless rant: Red Hat Enterprise Server sucks!

Author: Mike Garfias
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Pointless rant: Red Hat Enterprise Server sucks!
RH puts many things in /etc/sysconfig that belong in either the top
level /etc dir or their own dir under /etc (ex: /etc/apache/)
granted some are in the right place, but at best its an inconsistent
mess

also another bitch:
wtf is /etc/sysconfig/networking and /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts?
why not one dir

its very non-intuitive. With my experience I shouldn't have to hunt
for things for a few minutes, it should be obvious. Solaris never
confused me like this, nor has any of the BSDs (tho the BSD init
process bugs the shit out of me).

I should also point out that 99.999% of the time I'm doing server
stuff. And a lot of servers at that which means I use lots of
scripts and configuration management.

And don't even get me started on up2date and/or yum.