Re: Pointless rant: Red Hat Enterprise Server sucks!

Author: Matt Graham
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Pointless rant: Red Hat Enterprise Server sucks!
Alan Dayley <>:
> Randy Melder wrote:
>> Sounds like Kurt would be better off with Windows...
>> Whooops! Did I say that?!?
> Kurt may be too modest so I'll post this for him
> http://people.kde.org/kurt.html

Another Yooper in the desert! Who would've thunk it, eh?
(I know MTU well, though I went to U of M.) Kurt may
remember Neomaize, Apple Man, Monsoon, and Iconoclast if
he was on the Keeweenaw BBS scene at the appropriate time.
Or not.

Anyway: I was never very impressed with any of the
pointy-clicky tools like YaST. Most of the time, I was
annoyed at their inflexibility. However, different people
have different needs, and a userspace programmer may have
different priorities than a guy like me.

Tony E - Jaraeth wrote:
> As a general rule, I don't use a shell script I didn't
> write.

...so you don't compile anything from source, and your
$LESSOPEN is unset. Right?