Explaining T-Shirts

+ (text/html)
Author: Gerald Thurman
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Explaining T-Shirts
I was wearing the t-shirt that reads:

$> cd /pub
$> more beer

I encountered a person who said "I don't understand your t-shirt."
I tried explaining it by placing a Windows-like GUI around it, but
they responded with "I still don't get it." They wanted to learn
more about the t-shirt, but I didn't have time to help them.

I was wearing the t-shirt that reads: "Free Software, Free Society."
Three mailpeople were having lunch and one of them asked
about the t-shirt. How fun! We get to speak briefly about
Free Software and "Free as in Freedom." They found it
entertaining, but I doubt any of them will search the
Internet to learn more about Free Software.