Re: ext3 software raid to evms

+ (text/html)
Author: Shawn Badger
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: ext3 software raid to evms
I don't know anything about evms, but I would definitely have a backup of
the data at all times because anytime you do something like with a file
system you risk data loss. If you are going to create a new partition then
as long as you keep the old data you are good. Just copy the data from the
old partition to the new on being sure to preserve the ownership, if it is
needed.