Re: Dyndns (and knockd)

Author: alex@crackpot.org
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Dyndns (and knockd)

>> When I had Qwest's VDSL service in Gilbert, Arizona incoming port 80 was
>> definitely blocked.
>
> That's interesting. I have Qwest's VDSL in Chandler. Port 80 is open.

With Qwest DSL, you have a choice of ISPs. Any blocks are probably
the work of the ISP, not Qwest as DSL provider.

I used Qwest DSL with Convergent Internet in Tempe as my ISP. I had a
static IP and ran several 'toy' servers out of my house for several
years with no issues. Great customer service and linux-friendly.

alex