Re: 64 Bit Computing

Author: Scott (angrykeyboarder)
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: 64 Bit Computing
gm5729 spake thusly on 226278200 ::
> Hey all. Guys and gals :)
>
> I am wondering if any of you run a 64 bit environment on your
> machines? I just purchased a Lenovo laptop dual core and am doing
> research before I figure out what route I want to go with it.

I have in the past. My CPU is an AMD Athlon 64, but 64-bit OS' proved
too much of a hassle. In the case of Linux it was stuff like browser
plugins. And inevitably I'd want an obscure app that was only compiled
for 32-bit.

Not to mention, if you don't have at least 4GB of RAM ,there is really
no advantage advantage to running 64-bit over 32-bit anyway.

--
            Scott
http://angrykeyboarder.com