Job - Linux Skills Required

Author: Jay
To: PLUG Discuss
Subject: Job - Linux Skills Required

Technical Support Engineer Opportunity at Edgeos

ABOUT EDGEOS
Edgeos is a privately-held network/information security company focused on
enabling technology and network services organizations to provide security
services to their customers through the Edgeos on demand security services
platform. Edgeos was founded in 2001 and is headquartered in Chandler,
Arizona. Edgeos has customers in dozens of countries around the world who
have leveraged the Edgeos security services platform to identify millions
of vulnerabilities across hundreds of thousands of targets for their
clients.

Edgeos offers new challenges, a great vibe and freedoms, a non-stuffy
atmosphere, and an intentionally small and elite team. If you are honest,
resourceful, can take charge with diverse tasks, and have a great
time doing it, we want to hear from you!

Full-time, salary DOE, no recruiters or agents please.

ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Technical Support Engineer will hold the primary responsibilities of
being in charge of technical customer support (our customers are not
end-users and all of our customers tend to be pretty technical),
developer <--> customer relations, tracking and coordinating
bugs/features, and troubleshooting. Secondary responsibilities may include
QA assistance, possibly some light sysadmin, maybe a little light HTML/CSS
stuff, and other duties as we continue to grow and they arise.

As a fast growing company, with an intentionally small and elite team, we
work hard, are creative, resourceful, and wear many proverbial hats. You
will be exposed to, and participate in, many aspects of the company. Our
success is proof that we are doing great and unique things - you should
not only want to be part of that, but also significantly contribute to it.

QUALIFICATIONS
Ideal candidates will:
- have the right aptitude and attitude; the desire to be a significant
part of a great company, a genuine interest in our technologies/industry
(lack of security industry experience is okay, but you need to be
interested to learn it), and a passion for success.
- be professional but not up-tight or stuffy. You gotta be able to
take/make a joke and have a good time. We have a great team and nobody
likes a constant downer.
- have outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- enjoy working with people and helping their businesses succeed with the
Edgeos security services platform.
- have some experience with Linux systems. This is a technical position
and all of our systems run Linux.
- have a firm commitment to the premise of "under promise and over
deliver."
- be self-motivated, self-managing, and resourceful. Be able to take a
project and just "run with it" to make it happen.

Not required, but extra credit if your skills/experience includes:
- experience in the network/information security industry.
- knowlegde of security protocols, applications, devices, regulations, etc.
- knowledge of network protocols and services.
- strong Linux knowledge and experience.
- experience doing technical support for technical customers.
- experience with technology companies.
- some HTML/CSS experience.
- Linux sysadmin experience.
- some Python and/or software development experience.

HOW TO APPLY
To apply, email your resume as PLAIN TEXT (no attachments) and your salary
expectations to with "Technical Support Engineer
Position" as the subject. If you feel compelled, also include a brief note
about why you think you could be a good match for this opportunity.

--
~Jay