Re: Red Hat Enterprise Linux software sources?

Author: Kurt Granroth
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Red Hat Enterprise Linux software sources?
Alan Dayley wrote:
> An interesting thought: Since CentOS is a 99.99% clone of RHEL would
> CentOS repositories be a good install source for RHEL? Don't know but I
> may try it.

I believe they are. CentOS has several levels of repositories. The
lowest levels have packages that are completely compatible with RHEL.
To get "other" packages, you have to use another repository.

Mind you, I haven't actually tried this... but when I was installing
CentOS on a server, I distinctly remember that there was a difference.

Kurt