Re: Another odd Ubuntu/Firefox issue

Author: JT Moree
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Another odd Ubuntu/Firefox issue
Dazed_75 wrote:
> OK, here is the issue: I want to get rid of the FF 1.5 and use the 2.0
> version only. I realize I can simply change the /usr/bin/firefox link
> to use 2.0. My question is how to properly delete 1.5 since there seems
> to be no uninstall and the package manager is not aware of it (it was
> originally installed using a Linux install link on the Mozilla site).
> Just deleting /opt/firefox/ may not be safe or complete.. Anyone know
> how to do this cleanly?

Can you run the 1.5 installer again and tell it to uninstall? deleting
the directory is probably fine since 2.0 is setup to handle everything.
the fact that it's all in opt is to make it easy to delete (/opt is the
place 3rd party apps are supposed to go).

- --
JT Morée
PC Xperience, Inc.

believed to be clean.