Re: How to determine which video card driver to use?

Author: Josef Lowder
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: How to determine which video card driver to use?
.
On Thu, 24 May 2007 14:24, Harold wrote
> Josef,
>
> What happens when you try to adjust the brightness using the menu on
> the monitor? This feature should be adjustable using the monitor's controls.
> You may have to put it into "User" mode to access complete control.

I have tried all of the adjustment options available on the monitor's
menu, including in "User" mode, but I cannot get the brighteness
turned down sufficiently by any combination of adjustments. I have
also spoken with Sony technical support and they were unable to
suggest any other actions. So, the only thing I know to do is to
try a different video card because the same monitor connected to
another computer can be adjusted down to an entirely satisfactory
level; but I am simply unable to get the brightness adjusted down
to a satisfactory level on my main computer.