VNC remote screen blanking

+ (text/html)
Author: Nate Plamondon
To: plug-discuss
Subject: VNC remote screen blanking
I use my home computer (running Ubuntu 6.10 (Edgy Eft) with gnome 2.16.1)
frequently from work and elsewhere via x11vnc 0.8.2. It works fine,
although a bit slow. I am, however, concerned about all my actions showing
on-screen at home. I would be much more comfortable with this solution if I
was able to keep my home screen blank and locked while interacting
remotely. All the advice I've been able to find points to using another X
session on the home machine, but I would very much like to use my root
console. Do any of you have a solution or suggestions on where to look?

--
Nate Plamondon
nplamondon<spam>@[sucks]gmail.com