Re: The other two ethernet questions

Author: Joseph Sinclair
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: The other two ethernet questions
2) Yes, each active machine on a given network must have it's own IP address.
3) Perhaps, but it's definitely not recommended, since you'll have to wait while the machine reinitializes it's IP stack each time you swap the connection, and too many swaps will crash some systems (many Windows versions, for instance).