RE: Is there a simple ethernet splitter?

Author: Bryan O'Neal
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: RE: Is there a simple ethernet splitter?
If your 2-Wier unit is acting as a router and handling DHCP and natting,
then you just need a simply hub (which are hard to find) or a switch.
Here is the (overly simplified) difference, a hub takes information on
one port and replicates it to all ports, a switch knows which port
should get the information and sends it to only that port. I would
think you should be able to get away with something for under $30. Then
you take said device and plug it into the one port on your router that
your computer is plug into and plug the other devices into said cheep
device as well. Turn everything on in order and surf away.