Trash can screwup

Author: Harold
To: PLUG discuss list
Subject: Trash can screwup
I have a separate partition that I am using to migrate my files over to
Linux from that other operating system.

I browsed to the mount point /mnt/hda5 using a symbolic link that I
created on my Desktop folder. After copying the files to their
destination I dragged them into the trash can. They are no longer
visible in /mnt/hda5. The next step was to empty the trash. This brought
up an error message for each of the files saying that the files cannot
be deleted because I do not have permissions to modify its parent
folder.

A check of properties indicated that root is the owner and while root
can access and delete the files I can't. When I go into Terminal and log
on as root I can't find Trash. I suppose it is some kind of link and
probably hidden as well, but have not been able to locate it yet.

Where is Trash?

Harold