Re: Thunderbird won't send -- also bad type font

Author: Josef Lowder
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Thunderbird won't send -- also bad type font
.
On Tue, 08 May 2007 18:36:29 -0700, KevinO wrote
> Josef Lowder wrote:
> > Just installed Thunderbird and am not able to send email.
> > I can receive, but not send. As far as I can tell, all the
> > account settings are correct (same as on my other computer),
> > but cannot get it to send a test email.

> Under Account Settings: scroll all of the way to the bottom and
> select "Outgoing Server (SMTP). Fix your Outgoing Server Setting if needed.

Thanks for responding ... but "fix" it to what?
The settings are the same as worked on my wife's previous computer.
Even so, upon someone's suggestion, I tried changing the port from
the default 25 to 587 and that also did not work.

> > The text-font in the message body is way too small and a
> > different font (very hard to read) than in the "To" "From"
> > and "Subject" fields. How do I make them the same? I've
> > turned off HTML and tried different sets in "view" without
> > success.

> Under "View" -> "Text Size" you can reduce or enlarge the text in
> the message window.

I am able to increase the size of the font, but it is a very
unsatisfactory font (in the text body) and I can't find any way
to change the font style under "view." I don't understand why
Thunderbird would use a different font in the message body than
the font used in the "To" "From" and "Subject" fields.