Fw: Cannot boot computer

Author: Josef Lowder
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Fw: Cannot boot computer
.
I have a Dell GX260 with Intel P-4 2-Gig processor, 512mb ram,
40-gig HD, and XP installed. After I booted from a Linux live
CD and started to install, I defragged and then used Knoppix
QTParted to resize the HD to 22-gig for XP and the remainder
(about 16-gig) to be used to install Linux.

However, when I tried to restart the computer to begin the
installation, I have only a blank screen and cannot even
get to the bios. I can't boot from HD, CD, or floppy.

How can I restore access to the bios and get this thing
back on track?