Re: virtual machines not on the net

Author: Lynn Newton
To: daniyel95, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: virtual machines not on the net
> When you installed VMware, you should have ran a script from command line
> that had you setup our system for VMware, like the kernel libs for it,
> networking, license, etc.

> /usr/bin/vmware-config.pl

I've done this several times on both Linux VMs, including the
whole recompiling of the tools, etc.

That's what I assumed was meant by a "config script", so that's
what I ran, incluing just a few minutes ago. It didn't
change anything.

After running that, there is also /usr/bin/vmware-toolbox, an
X based utility that doesn't seem to be much use in addressing
the problem at hand.

Thanks.

--
Lynn David Newton