Re: sa-learn filtering and moving messages

Author: JT Moree
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: sa-learn filtering and moving messages
Nathan Aubrey wrote:
> I want to create a Spam folder and a Ham folder
> then create a cron job to run sa-learn --ham or --spam against each folder.
> Then after it scans the folder I would like it to move those messages to
> someplace else. The messages in Ham I would like to go back to my inbox so I
> know they've been scanned.
>
> I tried cat'ing the Ham file into my /var/spool/mail/nathan folder and now I'm
> getting some nasty 'file mbox-sync-rewrite.c' errors from dovecot.
>
> Is there a proper way to do this, or can it even be done?

we did it using IMAP. after processing the messages in the folders they
are deleted. a script on the server runs to do the work.

Under the SPAM folder we have Missed and Ham. I filter all my SPaM in
thunderbird to SPAM. Sieve filters on the server put spam in SPAM. I
peruse the SPAM folder and copy appropriate messages to the subfolders
as needed.

- --
JT Morée
PC Xperience, Inc.