Problems with ALSA and rdesktop

Author: Mark Phillips
To: PLUG
Subject: Problems with ALSA and rdesktop
I have been using grdesktop (the gnome gui front end to rdesktop) for about 6
months without any problems. Today, I installed alsa and k3b to burn some
CDs. I now get this error while running rdesktop -

/dev/dsp: Device or resource busy

and my rdesktop window goes away. I am not playing any music when this
happens. I restart rdesktop through the gui, and I am right back where I was
working in the remote machine.

I guess alsa and rdesktop both use /dev/dsp? What can I do about the conflict?
I have no idea how to even proceed to fix this problem.

Thanks!

Mark Phillips