Re: Cox Cable

Author: Kurt Granroth
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Cox Cable
Gerard J Snitselaar wrote:
> I believe there is a mac address associated with the cable modem, and
> that is what needs to go on their allowed list.

Yep, that's the key. It used to be that most cable companies (Cox
included) used to store the MAC address of the network card, too. I
remember having to always dupe the MAC whenever I switched routers.
Sometime in the past few years, though, they changed that to only
storing the MAC address of the cable modem itself. So you only have to
call them to update the MAC if your modem dies and you replace it.

Kurt