Re: how to fix grub error 16 from kubuntu install?

Author: Josef Lowder
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: how to fix grub error 16 from kubuntu install?
.
On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 12:29:06 -0700, Wayne Davis wrote
> Super Grub will do that too...
>
> Eric "Shubes" wrote:
> There is a utility (install-mbr) for restoring the windoze mbr
> on the latest systemrescuecd (added in version 0.3.2, 2007-01-10).
> http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page

Well, I've been fussing around with this for the past six hours
and I still don't have a solution.

I downloaded the systemrescuecd and burned an iso bootable cd,
could not find anything on it to solve the problem.

Tried numerous places to download super-grub and several were
apparently broken, kept bouncing me from page to page to website
to website. Finally found one that works that I am downloading now.

Tried several other proposed remedies on various rescue disks,
none worked.

Trying to keep smiling and pressing on.