Re: data recovery service, catastrophic failure

Author: der.hans
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: data recovery service, catastrophic failure
Am 02. Apr, 2007 schwätzte Lynn Newton so:

>> Do you have any way of yanking the precious drive and putting it in
>> another, working machine? No need to boot from it, just get it in a
>> working machine. If you can, then you may be able to get everything off
>> of it yourself. If you can get to a Linux machine then it'll obviously
>> be easier.
>
> I don't have that luxury. I have a Linux P3 system that hasn't been booted
> in nearly two years, but it doesn't support SATA drives.
>
> My other two systems are both Macs.

They have USB? They have enough free space to copy the contents of this
drive?

Stick the drive in an external USB case or other USB connector.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=2020&cat=CBL

ciao,

der.hans
#  If determining good culture is left up to busybodies and politicians,
#  we will be left with culture fit only for busybodies and politicians.
#                                                -- Jeff Taylor, Reason