Re: Slow DVD write

+ (text/html)
Author: keith smith
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Slow DVD write
I have 10 rewriteable DVD's that I use to do backups.

I use Konqueror to copy to the meda window that opens when I click on the DVD on the desktop.

It used to take 3 to 5 minutes to copy about 130Mb user xp. Under Linux it takes 12 to 18 hours.

Thanks for your help.

Ben Francom <> wrote: On 3/31/07, keith smith <> wrote: I right clicked the CD on the desktop - no speed setting found.

I'm running Fedora Core 6 and KDE.

How do I select the speed?

I haven't used fedora for a while. What app are you using to burn? In k3b you should be able to select it. Try googling for it.

Keith Smith
A link from my website to yours
Submit Your Metro Phoenix Website