Debian Apt Repository - Multiple Package Versions

Author: Austin Godber
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Debian Apt Repository - Multiple Package Versions
Hi Everyone,
    Anyone ever maintain their own debian repository with their own stuff
in it?  I have a "simple" repository that I just throw some packages
into then run dpkg-scanpackage to generate the Packages or Packages.gz file.

    I know you can use apt-get to specify a specific version of a package:
    apt-get install name=version
But running dpkg-scanpackage ignores the older versions so that never
works for me.  I have tried manually adding older revisions to the
packages file but to no avail.  I could be screwing up some delicate
formatting I am unaware of when manually munging the file I suppose?

Anyone dealt with this before?

Austin