Moving from PHP Version 5.1.6 to PHP Version 4.3 and GD imag…

+ (text/html)
Author: keith smith
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Moving from PHP Version 5.1.6 to PHP Version 4.3 and GD image support
Hi All,

I setup a LAMP development box running Fedora Core 6 that automatically installs PHP Version 5.1.6. My shared hosting provider runs PHP Version 4.3.

I would like to move from PHP 5 to PHP 4 and include GD support. I'm a complete novice at this type of stuff. I would like to avoid having to install from a TAR. Mostly for upgrade ability.

Also what PHP graphics support is more common? My shared host has GD and I'm hearing about ImageMagick.

I apologize for such a newbee question. This is uncharted territory.

Thanks in advance for your replies,
Keith

Keith Smith
A link from my website to yours