Re: regal mesa installfest: installing printer

Author: Robert N. Eaton
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: regal mesa installfest: installing printer
In certain cases (my Minolta-Konica Magicolor 2300 DL for example) you
must make sure you have the proper PPD file in place, possibly in
/etc/cups/ppd. When you install the printer one of the cups screens will
ask "Have driver?" with a radio button. Click on the button and give the
path to the .ppd file.

I was tearing my hair out in clumps before I recognized that the cups
list of .ppd files didn't include one for my printer.

Bob Eaton