Re: Scratchbox environment

Author: Eric \"Shubes\"
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Scratchbox environment
Vaughn Treude wrote:
> Hello everyone:
> I'm trying to compile something for my Nokia 770 (which runs Linux, so
> this post is not OT. :-) ) I found a tool called "scratchbox" on
> maemo.org; which seems to build a virtual "sandbox" distro on your
> system. I got it installed but am having trouble getting it set up
> correctly. Has anyone ever dealt with this stuff?
> Vaughn

I haven't used scratchbox, but I have written a script to build my own (home
grown) sandbox for the qmail-toaster project. The sandbox is rather bloated
(includes a lot of stuff that isn't really needed), but it has an option to
build it with hard links to save disk space. You can browse the script at
http://trac.shubes.net/qtp/browser/trunk/bin/qtp-build-sandbox or wget it
from http://svn.shubes.net/qtp/bin/qtp-build-sandbox.

HTH

--