Re: AMD CPU/socket question

Author: JT Moree
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: AMD CPU/socket question
George Toft wrote:
> The AM2 mobos stuff I've seen on the Internet leads me to believe the
> AM2 socket will take a 939 CPU. Is this true? Since he has to replace
> the board, he wants to buy something he can use today, and use tomorrow
> when he can buy a dual core CPU.

dont know about am2 but

I'm building two servers at work with Dual Core 1800Mhz AMD Socket 939
chips. I used the Asus A8X5N
http://asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=15&l3=207&model=596&modelmenu=1

The reason I picked this board is because Asus had it listed as a linux
friendly board on a page that I should have bookmarked but can't find
anymore.

- --
JT Morée
PC Xperience, Inc.