Re: Dual-channel mismatch sensitivity?

Author: Joseph Sinclair
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Dual-channel mismatch sensitivity?
Alan Dayley wrote:
> Questions:

<<SNIP>>
> Maybe I am making a mountain out of a molehill here. If dual-channel
> performance does not make that much difference, it doesn't really matter
> and I'll just take option #1.

---
In most cases dual-channel operation is not a huge benefit, unless you're running
processes that use a lot of RAM and don't fit within cache (and you need top performance).
If you're not talking about a server and you're not doing a lot of image or video processing,
then buy the cheaper RAM and don't worry about dual-channel.