Re: use commercial spam filtering service?

Author: David
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: use commercial spam filtering service?

Yes. Postini (www.postini.com)

> Please share your thoughts about it.

Pretty good mostly. Its pretty rare to get spam through. Almost as rare
as it is with gmail.

> Do you use it to supplement other spam filtering?

Nope, only thing we use for spam.

> Do you just use it as the main MX and it then relays legitimate email on
> to your real mail server?

Correct.

> How did you decide it is worth its value?

I didn't. It was here when I got here. I can definately see the value,
though.

> Do you have any research to show how beneficial it is for you?

Nope, just my anecdotal evidence. It's pretty damn beneficial, though.
Its one less headache for me to worry about.

> Any significant lost mail or significant delays or other problems?

None noticed.

> Do you also pay to have your outbound mail relayed through their gateways
> too?

Nope. Can't see any benefit with that.

David
--