Re: Determine RAM specifications?

Author: Alan Dayley
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Determine RAM specifications?
Alan Dayley wrote:

> I assume the second module will still double the space even if the
> dual-channel does not work. And the dual-channel failing to work will
> not "break" the memory operation.
>
> So I may have to purchase from Toshiba to be sure that something will
> work right if I really want dual-channel support.

To wrap this story up...

- -Opening the memory upgrade port on the bottom of the computer shows an
empty memory socket but "bank 0" is no visible. No help there.

- - The Toshiba website shows a PC4200/533MHz RAM module for sale for my
computer model.

- - A 26 minute call to Toshiba tech support that had to be bumped up to
the second level finally got a definitive answer that 533MHz is the
speed of the RAM already in the computer.

So, that's what I need to buy.

Thanks for the discussion and education, Craig.

Alan