ps2pdf and Acrobat 7 - "drawing error"

Author: Josef Lowder
To: plug-discuss
Subject: ps2pdf and Acrobat 7 - "drawing error"
.
Does anyone else have a problem with "drawing error"
messages when using Acrobat Reader 7 or with converting
postscript files to pdf using ps2pdf ??

The same pdf files that can be read with 'xpdf' and
with Acrobat Readers 5 and 6 are not as readable with
Acrobat 7 on my Linux system. And I am getting reports
from others that they are having trouble reading pdf files
I have just created using 'ps2pdf.

Adding to the mystery, some older pdf files that I have
created using 'ps2pdf' can be read okay with Acrobat Reader 7.
Yet, I have not made any changes to my system since I created
those older pdf files.

How might I go about solving this riddle?