Re: Please trim replies WAS Dual Licensing Woes

+ (text/html)
Author: Mike Schwartz
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Mike L Schwartz
Subject: Re: Please trim replies WAS Dual Licensing Woes
On 1/22/07, Dennis Kibbe <> wrote:

> On Sun, 2007-01-21 at 20:35 -0800, John W wrote:
> > Sorry but if it makes sense do it....
> >

> Not only does it make sense but its been the right thing to do and
> written into the FAQs since newsgroups/mail lists began.
>
> Trimming, bottom posting (as apposed to top posting), avoiding "me too!"
> replies, useful & searchable titles (hear that digest readers?) and
> proofreading replies all help to improve quality and usefulness of a
> list.
>
> dennisk
> --
> Phoenix Linux Users Group
> "Penguins in the desert"

I am usually fine with bottom posting, but sometimes I make an
exception if I am replying to some thread, where the replies "so far"
have consistently established a sort of "pattern" of bottom posting.
My other 0.02 which I would like to add (even though this probably
goes without saying), is that if someone is replying to a digest,
they should take the time to ** at least ** cut out all of the stuff
((in the "history" part of the message)), that is not even relevant
to the thread they are replying to.
--
Mike Schwartz
Glendale AZ