Nokia Bluetooth keyboard question

Author: Vaughn Treude
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Nokia Bluetooth keyboard question
Here's one for all the Nokia 770 gurus out there:
I've had my 770 for about a year, no problems. (Actually, I did need to
exchange the first one for a defective display, but the second has been
good.)
I recently got a Stowaway Universal Bluetooth keyboard. Before using it
I decided to re-flash the Nokia to get the latest version of the OS - I
used the newest 2006 version. This also seemed to go OK.
I also downloaded and installed (via the Nokia's USB port) the "armel"
(2006 version) of the DEB file for the Maemo bluetooth keyboard driver.
I put the keyboard into connect mode via the instructions in the
keyboard's manual (Ctrl-Left Fn-Right Fn, I think.) The LED flashes as
expected.
When I click the Bluetooth icon and try to connect to the keyboard, the
Nokia reboots!
Has anyone else run into this problem? (I hope I don't need to re-flash
it!)
Thanks!

Vaughn