Re: Remove audio from video?

+ (text/html)
Author: Dazed_75
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Remove audio from video?
I have used a number of video editors in Windows but not in linux. But the
fact is that any video editor capable of editing an avi file should allow
you to turn off the audio, zero the volume, or substiture an unrelated audio
track. I suggest you look at the Linux section on this page about free
video editiing software:

http://tv.isg.si/site/?q=node/873

or perhaps this one with its better description:

http://www.kinodv.org/article/static/2 as it looks to specifically have what
you need.

On 1/12/07, Alan Dayley <> wrote:

> I have an short video taken with my digital camera. I want to remove or
> make silent the audio. Avidemux is my usual tool for this but I cannot
> find an audio filter to go silent. There is probably a tool to strip
> the audio track out of the AVI file but my google searches are failing
> me at the moment.
>
> Anyone know a tool to do this little thing?
>
> Alan

and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss