Re: trying to get gallery running

Author: Jeremy C. Reed
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: trying to get gallery running
> I'm running Debian, installed gallery 1 I believe, as apt-get install
> gallery2 kept coming back with file not found (or something like that). So
> I did apt-get install mysql, then apt-get install gallery, and chose the
> defaults for all the prompts except server name and admin email for
> apache-ssl. The web site I had set up previously is still working fine.
> But browsing to http://website.com/gallery/setup/index.php gives me a 404,
> and a http://website.com/gallery/ gives me a forbidden error.

You said your previous site works. Is it the same hostname?

If not, did you create a new VirtualHost?

Did you check your DocumentRoot is correct?

Did you verify that gallery/setup/index.php is in your DocumentRoot?

Are your directory permissions correct for the apache to serve the
content?

Do you also have a /gallery/index.php?