Re: brochure project -- draft idea revised

Author: Josef Lowder
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: brochure project -- draft idea revised
.
Thanks for your further comments, Jon.

While I certainly do appreciate and respect your thoughts on this
matter, I just do not believe that there is any credence to the
notion that Intel has exclusive ownership of every circular shape
ever drawn or of every use of the word "inside" in every possible
context. Furthermore, the U.S. Patent office requires trademark
applicants to *disclaim* the use of generic words such as "inside"
except as used in the very specific context and implementations
in any given design.

Furthermore, any trademark holder must be able to *prove* that
they are damaged in reputation or financially by the use of any
sequence of words or graphical design which they may claim is
an infringement on their trademark rights.

In any case, I am not necessarily advocating the use of either
of the particular graphic elements used in this draft brochure.

If anyone has any better ideas and/or graphics to propose that
would certainly be just fine with me. All I was doing was
offering a possible "draft idea" as the subject line stated.

If anyone really had any serious concerns about the use of the
example graphics, I wouldn't hesitate to just submit the design
to Intel's (or anyone else's) legal department and ask for their
response. I seriously doubt that Intel (or anyone else) would
have any desire to squelch something like this by claiming
trademark infringement by the many hundreds of entities "out
there" as indicated in the Google search results that I previously
cited.

Joe

On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 10:28:17 -0700, Jon M. Hanson wrote