Re: A brochure project! -- one draft idea

Author: Alan Dayley
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: A brochure project! -- one draft idea
Josef Lowder wrote:
> .
> Here's one draft idea for the group's consideration:
>
>      http://www.UpQuick.com/linux/brochure.pdf

Nice effort, Josef.

As a PLUG member and not as a group or project leader (since I am not
leading this one) I would offer the following feedback:

- - I prefer a more positive approach, meaning, less down-selling the
competition and more up-selling of Linux.

- - This concept is useful for many situations where a general approach is
called for. I'd also like a brochure that focuses more on explaining
PLUG (Meeting descriptions, email lists, website, etc.) and the
positives of participation in PLUG (community, support, fun, etc.)

- - More pictures. Needs a few graphics here and there. Brochures full
of text turn me off.

I was thinking of the everyday person who just bought or is thinking of
buying a computer with Linux on it. They look to the right at the Linux
computer store and see a brochure about PLUG. What should that brochure
say to maybe help make the Linux computer sale AND trigger involvement
with PLUG?

That is the point of view I was thinking of.

Alan