Re: firefox extensions gone, Ubuntu update

Author: Alex Dean
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: firefox extensions gone, Ubuntu update
der.hans wrote:
> It upgraded to 2.0.0.1.

The same happened to me with Firefox on OSX. I've downgraded back to
1.5.0.9 until a few of the extensions I use daily are updated. If you
decide to downgrade as well, you might have to manually re-enable the
extensions in Firefox to get them working again.

I haven't updated Firefox on my Ubuntu install for this reason.

I also recently discovered that Thunderbird (on OSX anyway) has a
default setting to automatically check for, download, and install
updates without user confirmation. Really made me mad when I saw it has
updated itself without so much as a 'can I do this?' confirmation
message... I disabled this for the future in Thunderbird > Preferences
> Advanced > Update.

alex