Re: PLUG site incident last night

Author: Alan Dayley
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: PLUG site incident last night
Alex Dean wrote:
> Kevin Brown wrote:
>> Prior to the change over to the current framework I wonder how often it
>> had been cracked.
>
> PLUG is using Joomla!, right?

Prior to the Joomla! change-over, it was static HTML pages. I don't
know what cracking record it had but it was probably very low.

Yes. However, I am not willing to fully indict Joomla!. Due to
requirements of the server we are currently hosted on, some of the
recommended, higher security settings are not possible. This is one of
the reasons we are pursuing better solutions in the plug-webdev email
list and website project.

Alan