Re: Microphone recording problem

Author: Alan Dayley
To: nathan, Main PLUG discussion list
New-Topics: Re: Microphone recording problem - Partial Solution
Subject: Re: Microphone recording problem
Nathan Aubrey wrote:

> In alsamixer it shows an option for <mic boos> which is muted for me.
> And in kmix it is under switches for me. Just says Mic Boost +20dB

I don't have those options. That coupled with the absence of a second
microphone control, and these issues, makes me think the sound driver
for this hardware is not quite right. I'll have to try the alsa project
next. Although alsa is used from the command line too so maybe KDE is
to blame?

I just went into kcontrol and set the sound system from "automatic" to
alsa. Didn't seem to make a difference. Nertz!

Alan