Re: net neutrality commercials?

Author: Alan Dayley
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: net neutrality commercials?
Dan Lund wrote:
> I think I've finally seen which side the cable companies are on now...
> I didn't even know there was a side to be on really until I just saw a
> commercial sponsored by the cable data and telecommunications
> committee (something like that) that stated that net neutrality was
> something concocted by the silicon valley companies to keep you paying
> for their services. (with a man laying on a bed, money falling on
> him)
> At the end it had:
> "Net Neutrality is bad for consumers"
> on a black screen.

This is the latest ad from savetheinternet.com. It does a pretty good
job of describing the issue in "simple" terms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWt0XUocViE

The group and the ad advocates making a law to protect net neutrality.
While I am very much in favor of net neutrality, I'm not necessarily in
favor of a law declaring such. Government involvement in most things is
not a good idea, IMO.

At least someone is out there trying to educate the public and tell the
other side of the debate.

Alan