Re: Scripting Help (was Qmail Toaster Help / Perl Help)

Author: Eric \"Shubes\"
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Scripting Help (was Qmail Toaster Help / Perl Help)
Gilbert,
Having everything in a single executable is a good reason to use perl.

Generally speaking, use whatever works, which is typically whatever you're
most comfortable with. I only used shell because that's what I could do off
the top of my head as an example.

For this specific application, I don't know if decrypting the passwords
would be possible with bash or not. I'm guessing that perl is a good choice
for that purpose.

As a general rule, I try to use the highest 'level' language that can get
the job done, within performance limits of course. KISS rules.

--
-Eric 'shubes'