Re: Video Cards

+ (text/html)
Author: Patrick C
To: nathan, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Video Cards
On 11/14/06, Nathan England <> wrote:

> Anyone have any experience with a recent ATI chipset and beryl of compiz
> or
> anything opengl?
>
> nathan

Yeah. I recently tried out the newly-released SabayonLinux 3.2 DVD, which
comes with the latest ATi Drivers and Beryl 1.2. It runs on fine with XGL
(not AIGLX) on my dad's laptop, which has an ATi Radeon Mobility 7500. It
was wretchedly slow, and there were a few little artifacts, but that's a
very old ATi card. The computer sitting next to me has an ATi 9250 in it,
but I haven't had a chance to try it yet, since it's mostly my sister's
computer. I'll let you know when I do.