Re: Novel in bed with M$

+ (text/html)
Author: keith smith
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Novel in bed with M$
If I recall correctly the owner of Caldera was somebody at novel. He left and started Caldera. He took Dr. DOS with him. That was just before win95 came out.

M$ claimed that win95 was not on top of DOS like 3.1 and killed DOS. He sued. Won $200 million because he was able to show win95 actually sat on top of DOS like win 3.1 He showed M$ acted in bad faith to kill off competitors.

Think about it. If Dr. DOS was allowed to live and the Win on DOS paradigm continued Gates would only be worth say 5 or 10 Billion.

JT Moree <> wrote: Craig White wrote:
> samba is GPL

what does that prove? MS doesn't have to give out source code if they
don't want to. Who's going to make them? and even if the courts do
demand it (like in Europe) . . . re-read my last paragraph.

- --
JT Morée
PC Xperience, Inc.

believed to be clean.