Re: Squid Interception Proxying Troubles

Author: Erik Bixby
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Squid Interception Proxying Troubles
As I said in my initial post, I have read every word of Squid's FAQ on
the matter, and I have my iptables set up properly:
root@filter:~# iptables -t nat -L
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
REDIRECT   tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp
dpt:www redir ports 3128

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
root@filter:~#

I have no expectation that we will be filtering SSL. There was a post
on the matter earlier, from someone else. Perhaps, you are confusing
the two. Although, I do appreciate your attention and willingness to
try and help.

Where I've run into trouble is it seems as though I have everything
setup properly. Squid works if you connect directly to it. The GRE
tunnel establishes a connection to the router. Squid registers itself
with the router and is recognized. Traffic is forwarded to the Squid
box. I've verified this with Ethereal; with Squid not registered with
the router, eth0 doesn't see traffic from my browser. With Squid
registered with the router, I see the traffic on eth0, but nothing
more ever happens...
-Erik